Thursday 9 January 2014

Ted Baker:Shimmering Days-Glittering Nights

 So Christmas has come around and gone again&I got some new things which i thought i'd write about today.
Ted Baker. I received this from my sister and i was more than happy not really expecting a present as nice and expensive as this. The Christmas before (2012) she brought Ted Baker's signature and biggest hit, the bag with the bow on it, which was great until it broke and got glitter all over my things. I'm hoping that this pallet stays as good as it has been already because i will use it a lot. 

The Pallet is shaped like a thick book and closes together magnetically. When you open it there are two sides revealed, one is light pink and the other is a dark purple kind of color In the middle is a small mirror. The light pink side says 'Shimmering Days' and the dark purple side says 'Glittering Nights'. The design is neat but girly using soft colors and a flowery pattern to make it look fancier, i find it very appealing. 
 The 'Shimmering Days' side of the make up book contains the following:
-2 different colored blushers 
-3 different colored eye shadows
-A mini blusher brush
-A mini Lip gloss
-A mini double sided eye-shadow brush
This kit has the basics for your daily make up. The blushers and eye-shadows do not have names so i have named them myself. In the picture furthest to the left it shows the 2 blushes, the first I have called Cocoa and the second I have named Rouge. They are both very natural colors and look good to wear every day. 
The picture at the very top shows the 3 different eye-shadows, the one at the very top I have called Simply Skin, the middle 2nd down I have called Tanned Nude and the 3rd one I have called Shining Bronze. Once again, each of them are very natural colors and do not stand out too much but are still noticeable, I wear these colors on a day to day basis and never get bored because they always make my eyes look fresh and simple.
The picture furthest to the right shows the Lip Gloss and the mini double ended eye-shadow brush, the lip gloss is quite sticky but stays on and shows very well, it comes out a light pink color and is a rather natural shade but shows enough to make a statement, I would give this the name of Candy Floss because of its light color. The eye-shadow brush is very good for dusting the color over yours eyes but to get a fuller effect i would use a different eye-shadow brush.
The bottom picture shows the mini blush brush, it is perfect for applying the blush to your checks because it dusts just the right amount over and is gentle on your skin.

The 'Glittering Nights' side of the make up book contains:
-2 different colored blushers 
-3 different colored eye shadows
-A mini blusher brush
-A mini Lip gloss
-A mini double sided eye-shadow brush
This kit has the basics for your evening or going out make up. Once again I have named them myself. In the picture furthest to the right there are the 2 blushes which I have named French Rose and Bubblegum. They are bright colors, good to make you stand out in the evening in different lighting.
The eye-shadows I have called (from top to bottom) Iron Grey, Claret Purple&Glam Rock Black. They are once again stand out colors but not too obscure that they look horrible or are too over the top. 
The picture furthest to the right shows the mini lip gloss and the double ended eye-shadow brush, the Lip Gloss is sticky like the other one but stays on and stands out, I have named this Scarlet Passion.
The bottom picture shows the blush brush. 
This side is perfect for your night out, it has flashy colors that all work well together.

I love this makeup book and think it is defiantly worth a buy. I use this as often as I can over all of my other makeup products because of how handy it is to have and how easy it is to use. Ted Baker has made this simple but elegant.

I have seen this in boots for £16.00 or on E-bay for a bit more but I couldn't find it online.

But look out for it as its such a good thing to have in your make up bag.


This is the page for the Ted Baker Christmas gifts from boots. It is on there.

Thanks*

Kara'xo

No comments:

Post a Comment