Monday 18 August 2014

New Make Up Monday: Rimmel Kate Lipstick






At the beginning of the year I wasn't very brave with my makeup, I would only use subtle colors on my eyes and I wouldn't wear lipstick at all because I was too afraid. It's only recently that I have begun to take risks with different make up products and now I hate to admit that I may have a slight addiction to buying new lip products.
I  haven't purchased any high end lipsticks yet but I plan on doing so very soon, however the drugstore ones I own are amazing. I recently went into superdrug to look around and ended up walking out with 6 items, one of which was the Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in the color Wine 107.
I'd heard of this lipstick through +Zoella in one of  her recent blog posts (drugstore Lipsticks) and seen her wearing it in a few of her videos, never before would I have even looked at a red lipstick in a shop let alone buy one. I thought i'd give it a go and here I am about to tell you how much I LOVE it (so good it deserved capital letters).

Packaging-
Simple red tube with a slanted top embossed with the Rimmel crown and 'Kate' written across the lid. Such simple packaging but it definitely stands out in your make up draw/bag. It's very sleek and it just makes the product simple to use aswell.

Color-
RED. A red lipstick with purpley undertones. This is a darker toned red in preference to a bright red lipstick. It's a color that I would wear in summer or Autumn, maybe even the beginning of winter. It has a sleek, velvety, matt finish and applies easily.

Other-
It has (in my opinion) a very unique smell and I can't decide whether I like it or not however it has zero taste when applied.

Price-
£5.49. Affordable, not the cheapest you can buy but for me very affordable. I think you are paying for what you get and what you get here is a good lipstick worth buying.


You can buy this Lipstick online here:
http://www.superdrug.com/Rimmel/Rimmel-Kate-Matte-Lipstick-Wine-107/p/541660


Zoella's blog post including this product:
http://www.zoella.co.uk/2014/07/top-5-tuesday-drugstore-lipsticks.html

Twitter: @karas_blog

Thanks for reading

Kara
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment